Confidentiality is the protection of our patient’s personal information. Confidentiality means keeping a patient’s information between you and us. Everyone at Denver Laser Solutions, LLC (“DLS’) is responsible for patient confidentiality. We comply with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The purpose of HIPAA is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the health care system and ensure patient confidentiality.
Any private information that you have provided we keep confidential, including:
• Your identity information (name, date of birth, age, sex, social security number, photos)
• Your contact details (street address, email address, phone numbers)
• Contact information for your family and other designated individuals
• Your billing information
• Your bank details
• Medical history or records
• Insurance records; Insurance numbers
• Personal care issues
• Service records, file progress notes and Individual personal plans
• Assessments or reports
• Incoming or outgoing personal correspondence
NOTE: adult clients have the right to keep any information about themselves confidential, which includes that information being kept from family and friends.
Examples of how we maintain confidentiality include:
• Patient files are locked and secured
• Patients’ medical details are not discussed without their consent
• Information about Patients is not told to people who do not need to know
Our purpose is to provide you with exceptional care in an environment where your personal information is kept safe. If you have any questions, please address them to any member of our staff.