Confidentiality is the protection of our patient’s personal information. Confidentiality means keeping a patient’s information between you and us. Everyone at Denver Laser Solutions, LLC (“DLS’) is responsible for patient confidentiality. We comply with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The purpose of HIPAA is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the health care system and ensure patient confidentiality.
Any private information that you have provided we keep confidential, including:
- Your identity information (name, date of birth, age, sex, social security number, photos)
- Your contact details (street address, email address, phone numbers)
- Contact information for your family and other designated individuals
- Your billing information
- Your bank details
- Medical history or records
- Insurance records; Insurance numbers
- Personal care issues
- Service records, file progress notes and Individual personal plans
- Assessments or reports
- Incoming or outgoing personal correspondence
NOTE: adult clients have the right to keep any information about themselves confidential, which includes that information being kept from family and friends.
Examples of how we maintain confidentiality include:
- Patient files are locked and secured
- Patients’ medical details are not discussed without their consent
- Information about Patients is not told to people who do not need to know
Our purpose is to provide you with exceptional care in an environment where your personal information is kept safe. If you have any questions, please address them to any member of our staff.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address, or phone number is given on our website:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or look for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.