LASER Hair Removal - Denver, Co
Why Get LASER Hair Removal?
SMOOTH HAIR FREE SKIN
No more prickly legs, dark underarms or razor burn. Have smooth skin all the time!
THROW OUT THE RAZORS
No more razor bumps, ingrown hairs and irritated skin that comes along with shaving and save time in the shower!
NO MORE INGROWN HAIR OR RAZOR BURN
How Does LASER Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal technology emits light with a precise wavelength into the skin to target the hair follicle and destroy the cells that produced it. The color of your hair is what attracts the light so darker, thicker hair is more responsive, while white, gray, and red hair is unaffected.
Treated hair will naturally shed from the skin and be replaced 4-6 weeks later with thinner hair, which is reduced in volume. This process must be repeated as six treatments are required for permanent results.
Am I a Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
If you have unwanted hair on your face or body that is darker than your skin tone then you are a candidate. Laser hair removal does not work on white, gray, or red hair. Different lasers are used to safely treat all skin tones ranging from light to very dark.
Although, there are factors in determining the efficacy of permanent hair reduction, including hormones and genetics, which your technician will address during your initial visit.
What to Expect
Laser hair removal for the bikini line will take about 10 minutes where full legs or back and shoulders will take 60 minutes.
Hair must be shaved prior to treatment.
Skin is cleansed and disinfected. Makeup is removed.
Eye protection must be worn.
A silver dollar sized laser light pulses rapidly over the area while cold air is used to protect the skin and reduce the warm pulsing sensation.
Once completed, aloe gel is applied.
IPL PHOTOFACIALBEFORE & AFTERS
Cost of Laser Hair Removal
At Denver Laser Solutions each treatment area for laser hair removal is priced individually per treatment.
Six treatments are required for permanent results. All treatments after #6 are considered maintenance and are half price
VIRTUAL SKINCARE CONSULTATION
Your Free skincare consultation via Zoom, phone, or e-mail, with our estheticians will provide you with more than just a consultation, we’ll dive into a comprehensive skincare evaluation!
How to prepare for LASER hair removal
- Avoid direct sun exposure on the treatment area for 14 days as the skin cannot be sunburned or tan during treatment.
- Do not wax or use depilatories before or during the course of treatments.
- Shave hair 24-48 hours prior, treatments are more effective and comfortable with a close shave.
What to expect after laser hair removal
- The treatment area may feel warm and tender to the touch.
- You may experience a redness and swelling around the hair follicles that resembles a rash. This will fade quickly, but in rare cases can persist for a few days up to a week.
- Within a few days the treated hair will look like it’s growing again but it is actually shedding from the skin.
- 4-6 weeks post-treatment, hair will grow back thinner and finer and is treated again until it is fully reduced or eliminated.
How to care for your skin after laser hair removal
- You can apply a cold compress to the area for a few hours after treatment if needed.
- Apply aloe to the skin several times a day if you are experiencing a sunburn-like sensation.
- Shaving or the use of an exfoliating scrub in the area post treatment will help exfoliate and eliminate ingrown hairs.
- Avoid sun and heat such as hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, and vigorous exercise to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation).
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Black Skin?
Darker skin tones, just like in the sun, will attract and absorb the light and heat from the laser more readily, exposing them to a higher risk for laser burn or prolonged irritation post treatment.
However, with the proper laser and energy setting dark and black skin tones can successfully get laser hair removal.
What Are The Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
- There is a risk of scarring and burning.
- Short term effects may include: reddening, mild burning, temporary bruising or blistering. Hyper-pigmentation (browning) and hypopigmentation (lightening) have also been noted after treatment.
- These conditions usually resolve within 3-6 months, but permanent color change is a rare risk. Avoiding sun exposure before and after the treatment reduces the risk of color change.
- Allergic Reactions: in rare cases, a delayed persistent urticarial rash notable for pale red, raised, itchy bumps may occur; an oral steroid may be prescribed to mitigate this effect.
- Exposure of our eyes to laser light could harm your vision. You must keep the eye protection goggles on at all times during treatment.
- Compliance with the aftercare guidelines is crucial for healing, prevention of scarring, and hyper-pigmentation.
Does Laser Hair Removal Hurt?
Most people liken the sensation to a warm rubber band snap. Although uncomfortable, it is tolerable.
The good news is that extra comfort is provided through a simmer machine that forcefully blows cold air simultaneously at the treatment area.
It’s also not a bad idea to take 400mg of Ibuprofen 45 minutes prior.
How Many Treatment Will I Need?
LASER can only effectively treat hair in the active growth stage, when the hair is still attached to the follicle.
Only about 10 to 20 percent of the hair on your body is in the active growth stage at any given time so most people need around six to nine treatments, spaced four to eight weeks apart, depending on the area being treated.
Is Your Treatment Different From at Home Laser Hair Removal Options?
Our IPL and LASER technology is much more powerful and effective than at home options.
Most at home devices can temporarily reduce the hair but it does not permanently get rid of it.
What Are The Advantages Of Light-Based Permanent Hair Reduction?
Excellent long-term results Fast treatment sessions that can take only minutes Great for reducing hair from larger areas Comfortable treatments with no downtime
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Light-based permanent hair reduction can remove hair from faces (except around eyes), backs, chests, arms, underarms, bikini lines, legs, toes, feet, hands and buttocks.
Am I A Good Candidate For This Procedure?
Permanent hair reduction is available for all skin types, including very light and very dark skin, and most hair colors. Your provider will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure based on a variety of factors.
How Does It Work?
Light is used to target and destroy hair follicles responsible for hair growth without harming surrounding tissue, so there’s minimal risk.
Do I Need To Do Anything To Prepare Before This Procedure?
For more comfortable and effective results please shave all areas to be treated the day of your service.
How Long Does It Take?
Permanent hair reduction treatments take just minutes for small areas and about a half hour for larger areas.
What Will The Treatment Feel Like?
Most people feel only a slight, momentary “snap” at the treatment site during the procedure.
How Quickly Will I Recover?
You can resume regular daily activities immediately following treatment.
I go to Denver Laser Solutions for Botox and laser hair removal and all the girls are amazing. I usually see Mara, she is so thorough and welcoming and makes me feel so comfortable. The last time I went, she did my Botox and it’s literally the BEST job I’ve ever had. I’m very picky with my face, and this is the only place I trust for my injectables. I recommend to all my friends and family.
and Zip Codes We Serve
- Central Business District
- Cherry Creek
- City Park West
- Civic Center
- Country Club
- Lincoln Park
- North Capitol Hill
- East Colfax
- Lowry Center
- Indian Creek
- Park Hill
- Norh Park Hill
- South Park Hill
- Northeast Park Hill
- Chaffee Park
- Jefferson Park
- Sloans Lake
- West Highland
- College View/South Platte
- University Hills
- University Park
- Washington Park West
- Hampden South
- Southmoor Park
- Bear Valley
- Fort Morgan
- Harvey Park
- Harvey Park South
- Athmar Park
- Barnum West
- Mar Lee
- Ruby Hill
- Sun Valley
- Villa Park
- West Colfax
- Delmar Parkway
- Sunny Vale
- East Colfax
- Lowry Field
- Dayton Triangle
- Hampden South
- Virginia Village
- Washington Virginia Vale
- Ballpark District
Come see us. Denver Laser Solutions LLC
1325 Glenarm Pl, Denver, CO. Located inside The Denver Athletic Club – 6th Floor.
Monday: 10 am – 7 pm
Tuesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Wednesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 6 pm
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 3 pm