Why Should I Get CO2 Laser Resurfacing?
JUST ONE TREATMENT
Is all that is needed to produce dramatic results.
Clinically proven to treat deep wrinkles, sun damage, loose skin, baggy eyes and more.
LONG LASTING IMPROVEMENTS
Results get better and better for up to a year post treatment and then some.
How Does CO2 Laser Treatment Work?
CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing produces micronized heat columns that penetrate and ablate or remove the skin by means of vaporization.
The laser is also fractional in the fact that the heat columns are delivered in a dot-like matrix pattern ablating only a portion or fraction of the skin.
This controlled injury is more aggressive compared to non-ablative 1540 fractional laser type, but works the same way by triggering a natural wound-healing response in the body to create new, healthy, and strong collagen and elastin fibers that over time improve the quality, thickness and texture of your skin.
How Do I Know if CO2 Laser Treatment is Good for Me?
CO2 Laser Resurfacing causes a significant injury to the skin. These injuries can take 10 to 14 days to fully heal. Most people prefer to stay primarily indoors and out of the public eye during this time. If your schedule would not permit this, let us recommend an alternative treatment that would better fit your schedule.
Additionally, this treatment can’t be performed on dark skin tones as it can cause permanent hyperpigmentation. This includes most Hispanic, Asian, and African American ethnicities. Lastly, pregnant and nursing women or anyone taking blood-thinning medications, immunosuppressants, or antibiotics which can cause your skin to be more sensitive to the sun should not receive this treatment.
What to Expect During CO2 Laser Treatment
CO2 Laser will take 60-45 minutes for the full face.
Topical numbing cream is applied for 30 minutes prior to treatment.
Skin is cleansed thoroughly and numbing cream is removed.
Goggles are placed on your eyes to protect them throughout the treatment.
A specially-designed vacuum will remove ablated skin during treatment.
You will hold a wand to apply cool air to your skin throughout the process to assist in comfort.
We will then place the laser around your face, eyebrows, mouth, and eyes (up to the bone above your eyelid).
The laser will be moved around small areas of your face (about the size of your thumb) until your entire face is treated.
The discomfort experienced during this is similar to what you feel while having your teeth cleaned.
Cost of CO2 Laser
Resurfacing - Denver, Co
CO2 treatment can be performed on the face or neck.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing
Our CO₂ laser removes layers of skin tissue in a fractionated method to help reduce sun spots, wrinkles, deep scarring, skin laxity, textural irregularities, dull tone, and a thinned collagen layer.
VIRTUAL SKINCARE CONSULTATION
Your Free skincare consultation via Zoom, phone, or e-mail, with our estheticians will provide you with more than just a consultation, we’ll dive into a comprehensive skincare evaluation!
How to Prepare for CO2 Fractional Laser Resurfacing?
- Do not be in the sun for any period of time 3 days before treatment.
- Plan to leave your house only very rarely for 7-20 days after treatment.
- Drink lots of water the day before and of treatment. As the laser is attracted to water, the more water you drink prior to the treatment, the more effective the treatment it will be.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol as they dehydrate the skin.
- Prepare your skin by applying Retin-A and Hydroquinone creams every other night for 2 weeks prior. These products help prevent your face from tanning after the treatment.
- Purchase distilled water, vinegar, and cotton gauze to apply to your face after treatment. (this is a natural disinfectant)
What to Expect After A Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment
- Immediately post treatment pinpoint bleeding may occur with a clinical endpoint of redness and swelling.
- You will experience a sunburn-like sensation along with discomfort and tenderness for up to 7 days.
- You will be sore and likely feel sick, have a headache, be queasy and/or uncomfortable for the first 3 days, but after day 3 you will feel much better.
- After the second day, skin may darken and appear as an exaggerated tan which can take up to 90 days to fade.
- Within 2-5 days expect the skin to scab over where the laser created an injury and then start to flake off. It is very important that you do not pick at your skin during this time.
- Be patient: results will begin to be noticed after the healing process which takes up to 90 days on the face and up to 6 months on the neck, chest or hands. Results will continue to improve for up to 6 months post treatment.
How to Care for Your Skin After CO2 Laser Resurfacing
- For the first 3 nights try to sleep upright and on your back if possible.
- You may wash your face gently using your fingertip with room temperature water.
- Vinegar soaks made by mixing one cup of distilled water with 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar, must be applied to the skin three or more times a day for a duration of five or more minutes followed by the application of Vaseline or a topical OTC antibiotic ointment of your choice such as Neosporin or Polysporin.
- Use vinegar soaks for a minimum of 3 days.
- Beside Vaseline or ointment, no other products should be used with the exception of SPF 30 or higher which must be applied over your ointment if going outside. *Continue this until pinpoint scabbing completely sloughs off, at that time you may resume your regular skin care routine.
- Avoid any heat to the skin for up to 5-7 days such as hot showers, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, hot yoga, and vigorous exercise to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation).
- Avoid makeup application for a minimum of 7 days.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin to achieve your best results.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds throughout the treatment course so as to reduce the chance of adverse reactions like hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation.
How Often Should I Get CO2 Laser Resurfacing?
Depending upon the settings and used, one full face CO2 treatment is sufficient to produce significant age-reversing results.. Considering the downtime involved, repeat treatments are not recommended for at least one-year post-treatment.
Three CO2 treatments may be recommended, one per month, when treating sever acne scaring in localized areas.
I go to Denver Laser Solutions for Botox and laser hair removal and all the girls are amazing. I usually see Mara, she is so thorough and welcoming and makes me feel so comfortable. The last time I went, she did my Botox and it’s literally the BEST job I’ve ever had. I’m very picky with my face, and this is the only place I trust for my injectables. I recommend to all my friends and family.
and Zip Codes We Serve
- Central Business District
- Cherry Creek
- City Park West
- Civic Center
- Country Club
- Lincoln Park
- North Capitol Hill
- East Colfax
- Lowry Center
- Indian Creek
- Park Hill
- Norh Park Hill
- South Park Hill
- Northeast Park Hill
- Chaffee Park
- Jefferson Park
- Sloans Lake
- West Highland
- College View/South Platte
- University Hills
- University Park
- Washington Park West
- Hampden South
- Southmoor Park
- Bear Valley
- Fort Morgan
- Harvey Park
- Harvey Park South
- Athmar Park
- Barnum West
- Mar Lee
- Ruby Hill
- Sun Valley
- Villa Park
- West Colfax
- Delmar Parkway
- Sunny Vale
- East Colfax
- Lowry Field
- Dayton Triangle
- Hampden South
- Virginia Village
- Washington Virginia Vale
- Ballpark District
Come see us. Denver Laser Solutions LLC
1325 Glenarm Pl, Denver, CO. Located inside The Denver Athletic Club – 6th Floor.
Monday: 10 am – 7 pm
Tuesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Wednesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 6 pm
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 3 pm