IPL Photofacial, Denver, Co
Why Get a Photofacial?
REMOVE SUN DAMAGE
Remove brown spots and sun damage caused from the sun.
IPL cauterizes blood vessels to reduce redness and treat rosacea.
GET EVEN SKIN TONE
Removing brown and red discoloration leaves the skin even in tone.
REVEAL YOUTHFUL SKIN
Clear skin tone is what you were born with. Reverse time and reveil youthful looking skin!
What is IPL Photofacial?
IPL refers to intense pulsed light technology which uses high-powered flashes of broad-spectrum light transmitted through a handheld applicator and into the skin to target and reduce brown spots and broken blood vessels.
How does IPL Photofacial work?
The energy produced from IPL forces brown pigment to lift up to the skin surface and shed off while cauterizing blood vessels causing them to disappear through your body’s natural healing process. The result is youthful-looking skin that is clear in color and tone.
What to Expect
The option to apply prescription grade numbing cream for 30 minutes prior to treatments on the face is included at no additional cost. This numbing crème will help you stay comfortable during your Photofacial.
Numbing cream is removed, skin is cleansed and a coupling serum is applied over the treatment area. Eye shields are worn to protect your eyes.
Photofacial produces multiple flashes of light along with a sensation that feels like a rubber band snap. The light is transmitted through a continuously cold glass tip that sits directly on the skin and is there to assist in comfort and protect the skin before during and after each pulse.
to scan IPL light over any individual treatment area takes approximately 20 minutes. At the completion, a cold, calming gel is applied to the skin and you are on your way!
WHO IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR PHOTOFACIAL?
Because IPL specifically targets the melanin in the skin, if your skin tone is what we consider a Fitzpatrick skin type five or six, which means you have very dark brown or black skin, then a Photofacial is not an option for you.
Photofacial can also not be performed on sunburned skin.
SCHEDULE IPL PHOTOFACIAL 2 WEEKS BEFORE ANY SPECIAL EVENT
The body responds to damaged cells from the IPL by lifting brown spots to the surface of the skin and allowing them to exfoliate naturally. Broken blood vessels are cauterized and absorbed through the body over time. This process will exacerbate the discoloration in the skin for up to 2 weeks until fully healed.
Your skin will not look its best during this time period, so for that reason we recommend planning this treatment around special events.
How to prepare for a photofacial
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure, apply SPF daily, photofacial cannot be performed on sunburned skin.
- Plan for 10-14 days of “social downtime”. Meaning you can go out and about your daily activities but your skin won’t look its best during this time until it’s completely healed.
- Schedule your treatment 3-4 weeks prior to any special social events you want to look your best for.
What to expect after a photofacial
- Skin is warm and tender to touch.
- Brown spots and blood vessels are darkened.
- Swelling may be noted, particularly in the cheeks and under the eyes.
- Pigmented spots will continue to darken as they lift to the skin surface appearing like cracked pepper or coffee grounds.
- Blood vessels will begin to fade.
- “Coffee grounds” have exfoliated.
- Blood vessels have lessened.
- Skin is even in tone and color.
- Skin looks more youthful.
How long will my results last?
- There is no “cure” for sun spots. Once they form the skins cell memory will persist.
- Photofacial will lighten sun spots to the point at which you cannot see them, however, future sun exposure will cause them to return over time.
- Results will last 1-3 years depending on how well you protect your skin from the sun in the future.
How many photofacials do I need?
- One photofacial is very effective at removing years of sun accumulation.
- Depending upon the severity of pigmentation and the level of improvement you are seeking to achieve a series of three photofacials, one per month, will provide the opportunity to increase energy and enhance results.
Photofacial Treatment Options
photofacial can be performed on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders, legs, arms or hands.
Intense-pulsed light (IPL) treatment delivers high energy levels to eliminate brown spots, sun damage, broken vessels, and rosacea for a more even skin tone on the face and body.
Color Correction Series
Combine one photofacial with two micropeel treatments to achieve superior color correction results.
IPL PHOTOFACIALBEFORE & AFTERS
VIRTUAL SKINCARE CONSULTATION
Your Free skincare consultation via Zoom, phone, or e-mail, with our estheticians will provide you with more than just a consultation, we’ll dive into a comprehensive skincare evaluation!
I go to Denver Laser Solutions for Botox and laser hair removal and all the girls are amazing. I usually see Mara, she is so thorough and welcoming and makes me feel so comfortable. The last time I went, she did my Botox and it’s literally the BEST job I’ve ever had. I’m very picky with my face, and this is the only place I trust for my injectables. I recommend to all my friends and family.
and Zip Codes We Serve
- Central Business District
- Cherry Creek
- City Park West
- Civic Center
- Country Club
- Lincoln Park
- North Capitol Hill
- East Colfax
- Lowry Center
- Indian Creek
- Park Hill
- Norh Park Hill
- South Park Hill
- Northeast Park Hill
- Chaffee Park
- Jefferson Park
- Sloans Lake
- West Highland
- College View/South Platte
- University Hills
- University Park
- Washington Park West
- Hampden South
- Southmoor Park
- Bear Valley
- Fort Morgan
- Harvey Park
- Harvey Park South
- Athmar Park
- Barnum West
- Mar Lee
- Ruby Hill
- Sun Valley
- Villa Park
- West Colfax
- Delmar Parkway
- Sunny Vale
- East Colfax
- Lowry Field
- Dayton Triangle
- Hampden South
- Virginia Village
- Washington Virginia Vale
- Ballpark District
Come see us. Denver Laser Solutions LLC
1325 Glenarm Pl, Denver, CO. Located inside The Denver Athletic Club – 6th Floor.
Monday: 10 am – 7 pm
Tuesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Wednesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 6 pm
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 3 pm